Friday, February 24, 2006

Party for a Friend






I'm going to have the ol' homebrew flowing for a bachelor party next week. I'll have a Kölsch, an Imperial Stout and a Belgian on tap. The party will be for my buddy Alexander. I'm going to be best man at his wedding in April.

My big Russian friend Alex and I have been through a lot together. We've done 100-mile trail runs together, had way too many drinks together (more than a few times), and have gotten up at 5 AM to train on long cold runs (with hangovers), always talking about life and its intricacies.

He has a great sense of humor, is very soulful, and is strong as a fucking ox. He also has a penchant for drinking my beer and falling asleep with his arm around my big, furry dog.

1 comment:

Olga said...

Ben, have fun, and say hi to Alex! Wish I could join in, I need a good drinking party! I guess I miss those days...but I am afraid I am too old to really relax now. Man, time flies!