Thursday, April 10, 2008

Complete Douchebags

The new Cordish Company's Power & Light District is only for complete douchebags, I guess. It's now "headwear non-inclusive."

I was turned away from 2 locations because I was wearing a FlexFit hat, (a KC Trail Nerds running club hat). They wouldn't let me enter, unless I took off my "gangsta-style hat." Yeah, maybe I looked like an idiot with my hat and runner's jacket on. But at the same time, a redneck idiot wearing a "tubed-out" and frayed circa 1990s OldSkool NASCAR hat, sporting a 1995-style goatee, and wearing a tee-shirt with the sleeves ripped-off, was let in without a problem.




The offending "Gansta" hat (left).

A DRESS CODE that caters to Bud-swilling redneck mothertruckers...WTF??? This is just weird. Who do they think will spend more money? (Well, possibly he will, when he gets tanked-up, and buys a round for the bar). But who do you think tips the staff better (or at all)? Rednecks, as a rule, refuse to tip.

FUCK DOWNTOWN. At least that part of downtown. I'll still go to Grinders and the Bulldog and other haunts of mine. I'm voting with my dollars and with my feet.

HAT FASCISTS!!!!!!!!!!

XXXOOO,

Bad Ben

3 comments:

Lee said...

Yeah dude, you're looking WAY gangsta in that hat! (LOL) I could tell you were a (slim) shady type when we met at 75th Street. Just goes to show you that you should have gone straight to Grinders in the first place. You know that other place doesn't have any Unibroue on tap.

Ben, aka BadBen said...

Lee,
It just pisses me off. Yes, gangs do come to public place to show their "colors," most notably at Legends and Oak Park Malls...(shhh; don't tell the JOCO residents that gang members frequent their hallowed Oak Park Mall).
I guess what pissed me off the most was the brainless security goon that was mindlessly following what he perceived as "the rules." I have a security crew that works for me, and they are all sharp enough to realize a real threat from a perceived threat embedded in mind-numbing, racist, culture-crushing and stupid rules.

Cheers,
Bad Ben

Anonymous said...

Whoa, this stirred up a bit of fire in you. I agree, they can take it a bit too far. But what do you expect from a place that charges $6 for Guinness.